Saturday, January 19, 2013

Take 2



It goes without saying that it has been a while since my last post.  Honestly, I never found myself with a lack of motivation to write or a shortage of topics to write about, but I can’t say I felt particularly proud of the tone or the direction I immediately picked up on from my first two posts, and felt uncomfortable moving forward from the path I started on.  I always wanted reChurched to be more than an outlet for passing churlish judgments of main stream Christians, but instead a common ground for the growing number of other Christians like me who are feeling frustrated and alone within the “body of Christ”.  I didn’t want to fall under the temptation of being the snarky blogger who was a bigger contributor to the problem then the initial conflict they were commenting on.
                I still believe that there are hugely damaging issues inherent with the vocal majority of the church and that they need to be addressed.  I believe that Atheists are making better arguments against us than we are convincingly refuting, and I believe that instead of coherently representing our Faith we are falling back on the infantile training we received in Sunday School.  I believe the Bible is truth and that so so so many people are reading it incorrectly.  However, I also believe in being the peacemaker, not the stone thrower, and I think my posts were better at starting fights than offering resolution.
                So I would like to try again.  I won’t be changing my subject matter, only my approach.  I understand I am not an expert on all things Christian.  I am a guy who left the church over 10 years ago and never lost my Faith despite some prevailing resentment.  I have a lot of rediscovery ahead of me, and perhaps that is really what reChurched should mean.  Not re-educating the mainstream church but sorting out what I thought I always knew.  This is getting pretty fluffy, it’s obviously midnight.  I said to myself that I would keep this short and informal, so I’ll leave it at that.  To my modest readership, thank you for taking a second look at this, and I hope we’ll make a better go of it this time around.

1 comment:

  1. I can't tell you how many times I've written a post similar to this one. One of my favourite places to go for motivation to keep blogging, and with a positive attitude - though I often falter! - is Michael Hyatt's blog. Anyways. The best advice I can give - obviously unsolicited - is for you to press on.

    From what I can see, you're good with words. Peace.

    ReplyDelete